Dear Teachers and Administrators:
Your time with you students is precious.
You have more pressure now than ever before. We also know that the experiences students have while at Camp Ocean Pines will ignite their minds with ideas that will form a lasting connection to our amazing world. When asked what they remember most about elementary school, students often reply: “The week of science camp!” Let’s work together to build fully engaged students! Your students will enjoy the best facilities and highest quality programs led by an excellent staff.
Great experiences take effort and cost money..
Families and schools are struggling with financial hardship. However, with a targeted goal and a lot of help, we can build school enthusiasm to provide an exceptional experience for students that will spur on great efforts. We are willing to work with you to benefit your students.
We Can Help.
We offer many ways to help – including valuable donations for your school fundraising auction. Check out our fundraising page.
The outdoor education programs at Camp Ocean Pines are designed to immerse students in the natural world through hands on investigative activities. Our marine science and forest ecology curriculum inspire creativity, conservation and a connection to the world around us. We work with teachers and can offer customized programs to meet specific needs.
We offer 5 day, 4 day, and 3 day programs. Our least expensive rates are in fall and winter, and a bit higher during the popular spring season. Price includes: Meals, snacks, lodging, instruction, activities, equipment/entrance fees, AND off-site field trip transportation. Teachers are free at a 1:30 ratio, parent chaperones are half price at 1:9 ratio.
- We are NOT limited to 5th-6th grade students. We have served students from 1st through University level.
- We are NOT limited to weekdays during the school year, but will happily run an outdoor education program during any season and on the weekends – especially the 3 day weekends.
- We can create a totally custom program for your school. Our goal is to serve the needs of the teacher and school. If the published schedules do not meet your needs – call us – we are very creative!
Why efforts to reconnect children to the outdoors are still necessary:
2010 Report from the Children & Nature Network
- Electronic media use by children and youth has increased in the past five years to more than 50 hours per week
- Obesity and other health-related risks continue at epidemic rates among children and youth (as well as adults!)
- Children’s recognition of wild species continues to decline
- Inequality of access to nature’s benefits to children’s development continues
- As of 2008, more human beings live in cities than countryside, presenting the challenge of Re- naturing city life as urbanization increases
- Children’s direct experiences in nature as part of their everyday lives remain endangered
© Children & Nature Network | http://www.childrenandnature.org